Thursday 19 May 2011

THE SPIRIT OF THE MOON

Well, I've had my morning coffee and crumpet for breakfast so here we go...

Firstly, big thank you to all the people who have 'liked' the Facebook page over the last two days without having the actual book available yet (still gestating for a few more weeks, but I'll talk about that). It's remarkable the power of Facebook and a good wife who does admin duties while I'm at my real job :)

My first book will be a children's fantasy novel titled THE SPIRIT OF THE MOON. Here's a brief synopsis: " On one fateful night, someone has used dark magic and captured the Goddess which resides within the moon. Who has done this and for what nefarious purpose? And how is this connected to a strange little town called SOVEREIGN CREEK? Two mysterious strangers, MR AND MRS WELLINGTON, have arrived in town to find out exactly what has happened to the Moon Spirit, before a terrible fate befalls the Earth. Aiding them in their quest will be twelve year old MAXIMUS WALKER, a local young boy too curious for his own good. Will they succeed in their mission and if so, what price will be paid?"

 This will be the first in a series of books set in the town of SOVEREIGN CREEK which has the unusual reputation of being 'THE WEIRDEST TOWN IN THE WORLD.' There are a lot of strange and unusual occurrences that have been happening in this town for many years. Why? Read the series and find out good people!

These books will be aimed at the 8-15 year old market (I think adults will like them too, but that's just me :)

THE SPIRIT OF THE MOON will hopefully be published within 4 to 6 weeks. Now where will it be available? At first you will be able to by the book from Amazon.com as a paperback and as an E-book from their Kindle service. If you don't own a Kindle device, that's OK as the software is easily downloadable to PC's as a desktop reader, so no excuses. Link as follows:

Kindle

What about Australian bookstores? Well, I'm doing things in reverse, which is not unusual for me! Once the international edition is in place, I'll start looking into publishing here, so as soon as I have some information regarding this, I'll let you all know.

For all you audio book listeners out there, plans are afoot for in that department as well!

Don't forget to sign up for updates by registering your email addresses (or not!) below,receive publishing news and read my rants on various, exciting subjects!

Thank you all once again and let's enjoy this scary, scary ride!


Cheers,

John

2 comments:

  1. Oooooooo!!!! Sounds scary and intriguing.. I always thought it was a man in the in the moon not a Goddess, but there you go.... Both scary and informing ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the man in the moon sold up and moved to an island in the pacific. He sends his regards :)

    ReplyDelete