Tuesday 24 May 2011

House cleaning...

As I said on Facebook, I received the cover today for the book and here it is:




My cover artist Juha Veltti has done an amazing job and I can't thank him enough. In a future post I plan to show you guys the stages Juha went through to get the cover done. As a process junky myself, I find it fascinating how artists do what they do. So the plan is to interview Juha when we can set up a scheduled time and bring that to you all.

The book is proceeding along at a good pace. I had a great meeting with my editor yesterday and she gave me some great suggestions (as well as pointing out typos and logic errors) so a few changes to the manuscript in order, but that's all part of the fun.

Thanks to all who have joined my Facebook page and came to the blog. It was suggested that I should add a link from the blog that goes directly to the fan page. As soon as I work out how to do that, it shall be done. And thanks for all the words of encouragement from everyone. Much appreciated.

I'll just leave quickly with a quote from someone who was talking to me about the book yesterday. After cautiously asking me about the book, the process behind it and enquiring as to whether  I really, really did write it, he went on to ask me a question:

"So do you read books as well?"

John

No comments:

Post a Comment