Sunday 5 June 2011

Something to read...

* Well, it was interesting doing a first release of SPIRIT OF THE MOON on Smashwords. Friday afternoon I was a complete mess and absolutely worried about putting my work out there. It's a weird feeling, like letting one of your children go out by themselves for the first time with no supervision and no mobile phone to ring up on if they get into trouble. A very, very, weird experience let me tell you. Smashwords are handling the account of the e-book and are advancing to releases on Itunes within the week, followed by Barnes and Noble, Sony, Kobo and Amazon. When the paperback copy is reading to go, hopefully the marketing (and sales!) will ramp up a bit. Honestly I can't wait for all this to be over so I can concentrate on the next book in the series that brings back a few of the characters and some interesting new ones. That book will be titled THE MONSTER IN MY BASEMENT and it will be expanded, not only in page count, but in scope of what the series will end up being. Well that's the plan anyway, unless I go crazy first!

* I just started interviewing my cover artist Juha Veltti about his art processes and the creation of the cover, so it should be interesting to see what we come up with. I will probably publish that close to the paperback release.

*  The 'proof' of the paperback shipped two days ago from the good old US of A so we should have it in a week or so. Can't wait! As much as e-books are taking off, having a physical book with my name on it will be an absolute delight.

*Depending on time, I might start doing some reviews of books I'm reading or have finished. What I am reading at the moment is:
The Crusades: The War for the Holy Land




and this giant bugger:

Hope you all have a big week! I'm off to read....


John

No comments:

Post a Comment